As a student of Wodensborough Ormiston Academy, I pledge to…
- Be in the academy by 8.40am and attend all lessons punctually.
- Bring the correct equipment to all lessons.
- Follow the Academy Code of Conduct and the behaviour4learning policy.
- Follow all staff instructions immediately.
- Begin work quickly and try hard to finish the set task.
- Treat others politely and respect their work.
- Take responsibility for keeping the academy and classrooms clean and tidy.
- Use ICT, particularly the internet, appropriately having due regard for your own safety and well-being and that of others.
As a member of staff at Wodensborough Ormiston Academy, I pledge to…
- Treat students fairly and with respect.
- Provide challenging and relevant classwork and homework.
- Use rewards and consequences clearly and consistently.
- Challenge unacceptable behaviour wherever it occurs.
- Seek opportunities to have restorative conversations to improve behaviour.
- Mark work regularly and promptly.
- Set a good example.
- Foster good relationships with parents or carers and keep them informed of matters relating to their child.
As a parent of a child at Wodensborough Ormiston Academy, I pledge to…
- Encourage high standards of attendance and punctuality.
- Support the Academy’s expectations on uniform and equipment.
- Encourage good behaviour and support the Academy in the standards it seeks to achieve.
- Encourage and support the completion of homework tasks.
- Follow the correct procedures for contacting the academy, especially with regard to attendance at the earliest opportunity.
- Keep the Academy informed of any matters which may affect my child’s progress, attitude or behaviour.
- Support Parent’s meetings, Evenings and events to encourage participation in the life of the academy including checking the handbook.
- To monitor the appropriateness of my child’s use of ICT and the internet.
- Communicate through school reception if you need to contact your child, I will not contact them directly between 8.40am and 3.10pm by mobile phone or text.