Wodensborough believe that good career guidance is about raising aspirations and aiming high. We aim to open doors for our pupils by providing them with a good careers programme that meets the “8 Gatsby benchmarks”. These benchmarks have been accepted as best practice by schools, colleges and employers across the country.
We evaluate our progress against the “8 Benchmarks” using the “Compass Tool” which is a self-audit tool created by Gatsby and The Careers & Enterprise Company. This helps us to plan for future development as we work towards the “Quality Mark” for Careers.
|Gatsby Benchmarks||Examples of how we meet the benchmark|
|1||Providing a stable careers programme||Form time Friday careers programme|
|2||Providing career & labour market information||Form time careers programme & website|
|3||Addressing the needs of each pupil||One to one IAG/WRL opportunities|
|4||Linking curriculum learning to careers||Curriculum & careers/STEM|
|5||Encounters with employers/employees||Work of work days|
|6||Experiences of workplaces||Work experience|
|7||Pupil encounters with further and higher education||Careers events/visiting speakers|
|8||Providing personal guidance||Connexions|
- For information on the Labour Market click here.
- For information on the National Citizen Service for 2019-20 click here.
- For information on the work related learning programme click here.
- For information on the form time careers programme click here. Below you can see the careers curriculum maps for each year group.
- Miss N. Atkins is the dedicated Careers Leader for the academy who is one of our senior members of staff. She is assisted by Mrs R. Plover on reception. (Nicola.Atkins@woacademy.co.uk)
- The dedicated Connexions advisers are Mrs S. Ellis (based onsite every Tuesday) and Mrs. M Cole (based on site every Friday). (Sally.Ellis@woacademy.co.uk)